Monday, July 27, 2009

Au Revoir Lisa, Luben

You ever have one of those things in life that every time you see it, your brain goes to the same place? One of mine is a small sign outside a deli across the street from my office. The plain sign that looks like it was made out of an extra piece of ceiling tile, reads "Seattle's Best Reuben". Every time I see it, which unfortunately for me is almost every day, I exclaim, under my breath, "Au Revoir Lisa, Luben". Which is usually followed by a "Luben, look to me in my eyeball". Occasionally if I'm feeling really saucy, I'll throw in a 3rd line for good measure like, "are you for scuba", or, if I'm in a bad mood, a quick "my name is not Luben!" will do.

Along came Polly... a far cry from a classic, but apparently has a small space in my brain that it has decided to occupy for the foreseeable future.

No comments:

Post a Comment